- Liquid Handling/MCA384 Liquid handling for Fluent
MCA384 Liquid handling for Fluent®
This course will provide participants with convenient step-by-step instructions to create and optimize liquid classes for Fluent instruments equipped with multichannel arm (MCA384) using FluentControl software.
Participants will develop knowledge and establish confidence for effective use of the Fluent instrument and learn how to improve the quality of pipetting for different type of liquids.
- Introduction and overview to hardware components relevant for pipetting with MCA384 arm
- Tecan's liquid handling concept and terminology
- The influence of the various liquid handling parameters on pipetting precision and accuracy
- Single and multi-pipetting
- Work with flexible numbers of tips (8, 16, 24, 96 or 384)
- Exchange different adapter plates "on the fly"
- Measure precision with colorimetric tests
- Wash procedures with fixed tips and disposable tips
- Daily, weekly and preventive maintenance
- Test and certification
This course is for users who operate a Fluent instrument equipped with MCA384 arm and would like to optimize and maximize the performance of their system.